As springtime rolls around, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in McKinney and Frisco? Even if your AC equipment is up-to-date or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked annually by a Bell Mechanical Services professional can help spot minor issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy consumption—and a higher utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine components and complete a set of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into big issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to give worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and parts:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Today with Bell Mechanical Services
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Bell Mechanical Services pros a shout at 888-863-0560 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your residence, be sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your next maintenance.