As the temperature continues to rise, your air conditioning system is in overdrive trying to keep you cool! Here are some quick tips to reduce the strain on your system and keep some money in your pocket for that next beach trip!
1. Annual Maintenance – Be sure to get your air conditioner serviced. Clean equipment operates more efficiently.
2. Change or Clean Filters when Recommended – Clogged filters wreak havoc on HVAC system and its performance.
3. Upgrade to Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostats – You can control your schedule remotely and turn it up when you’re not home.
4. Use Ceiling Fans – Fans circulate the air. This helps with stale air, and you can turn it off easily when you’re not in the room.
5. Keep Sun Facing Windows Covered – The sun is a major contributor to the temperature of your interior. Keep your windows shaded, and beat the heat!
6. Proper Attic Insulation – Reduces cooling and heating costs.
7. Proper Attic Ventilation – Drives hot air and moisture out of attic.
8. Check Pull-Down Staircases – Old leaking staircases allow the hot attic air in the house.
9. Seal Air Leaks – All leaks allows hot air in and cold air out, thus increasing operating costs.
10. Replace Old Costly Equipment – Buying a new unit may seem expensive, but over time a new, high efficiency systems can save you significant money Plus you can get a great warranty in case something does go wrong!